Land Development Solutions (LDS) is a Knoxville, Tennessee Civil Engineering Design and Land Surveying Firm founded in 1992 by E.J. (Rusty) Baksa, Jr. With over 15 years of engineering experience in the consulting field and with local and state government, Baksa recognized that there was a need for a small to medium sized firm with a broad base of experience and relatively low overhead. This combination of large firm experience and reasonable service costs has been a successful addition to the engineering consulting community. The firm has experienced steady growth over the last 24 years in terms of clients, projects, staff, and sales. This growth has been tempered by a conservative fiscal policy that leaves the firm in a sound financial position while allowing for opportunities to expand the client base, project types, and project sizes.
LDS’s typical services include:
- Planning and design of site development plans for medical facilities, public facilities, shopping center developments, restaurants, offices, industrial sites, apartment complexes and residential subdivisions.
- Design of stormwater detention facilities, storm drain systems, erosion control facilities, and hydrology analysis of floodway elevations and boundaries.
- Planning and design of streets and highways, intersection improvements, signalization, and traffic impact studies.
- Planning and design of water, sanitary sewer, and natural gas utility services.
- Boundary and topography surveying, ATLA / ASCM surveys, and flood elevation certificates.
We recognize that understanding our client’s needs is essential to providing quality services. Each project undertaken has a detailed scope of services generated through a process that actively includes the client.
Our goal is to provide our clients with cost-effective solutions to land
development problems while mitigating impacts on adjacent facilities and the environment.